- Lin Hixson (yes, director of the British group Goat Island), from More Permanent Than Snow, in: Live: Art and Performance
One of my tasks as the director of Goat Island when making a performance is to foreground the not seen and background the seen. To do this requires:
1. the formation of attention
2. slowing the traffic of the mind
3. an enclosed encounter area
4. spaces between
5. not dance, not theatre, not visual art, not performance, not literature, not music, not anthropology, not ritual, not playgrounds, not teeth, not bats, not moons.