Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Cheap, good art. Yes, it's real.


How much would a work of fine art have to cost for you to buy it? Less than a CD? Less than a meal at a restaurant? Ok. The Art*o*Mat is what you need. With works of genuine art (size: 54mm x 82mm x 21mm) priced at $4-5, it's pretty affordable. And, if you have good taste, you might even make a great investment!
Art*o*mats are retired cigarette vending machines that have been converted to vend art. There are 76 active machines in various locations throughout the country.

The sad part is that "the country" means the U.S. I'm waiting for a similar initiative somewhere nearby...
The purpose is simple:
Our mission is to encourage art consumption by expanding access to artists' work. Art*o*mat® has created an opportunity to purchase original artwork while providing exposure and promotional support for artists. Art*o*mat® combines the worlds of art and commerce in an innovative form.
If anyone considers this form as too commercial or silly, I would recommend trying to make a living (and a name) as an artist for some time.
Here are some examples of works you can discover in the Art*o*mat:





Want to have your art in an Art*o*Mat?

(via)

3 comments:

ivanpope said...

I don't know what part of the world you are in, but here in the good ol' UK we have Hayvend around the country:
http://www.hayvend.com/info/loca.shtml

Chuck said...

I see this thing as a great opportunity to be creative, and to get some bucks while you are at it.

And for what I saw They look great!! Do they deliver to Mexico?

Cheers

Hans said...

I better buy a Toybox or a Kinderüberraschung. I do not believe in this concept, because the pieces get the tedencies to be funny.

Art must be expensive, to hurt the buyer, like what Lupertz said: My paintings cost 1.000.000, its the best way for my art to survive. When the house of the collector burns, he will first save my art, then the rest.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails