Sunday, April 23, 2006

Christian Tedeschi






I believe in art that one trips over,
Tumbles blindly
Down several flights of stairs
To end up on their own two feet.
Virtually unscathed, and
Into the arms of their sweetheart.
- says Christian Tedeschi. And it is true of his works: at first glance they seem scary, dangerous, aggressive. But once we look more carefully, we see a light-heartedness that enchants. For once, the heavy matter turns into crystal form. For once, Beuys is misundertood as he should be, without the huffing and puffing of someone too old to be a disciple. And so, the matter dances and plays. It swirls in the air as if it weren't suspended. It moves by itself. But don't be fooled - it does nothing of itself. Even if it takes 10 seconds to reorganize it, the world stands anew. Enthropy? Erosion? A gentle spin of time?

2 comments:

art blogs are fun said...

Crazy! How did you hear about christian and telegraph? I know the artists listed in "telegraph" but had no idea they had a collective going! ...and that is so weird b/c I write www.detroitartsblog.com and would say I am pretty up to date with the scene here. Just goes to show that you can't possible know everything. I follow your blog..and you can imagine what a surprise it was to see my hometown represented! Great stuff!

Anonymous said...

Cranbrook is looking for you - just to attend an alumni thing during college art association in houston in feb 20 but it seems to me you don't live there.
I do love your work and saw it in Telegraph when I studied t cranbrrok last year. I was fiber, but I hung out in ceramics.
Jaya Miller

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails