Monday, October 24, 2005

Beach animals



The philosophical ideas were not really there from the beginning, but they have grown more complete with the years. It's not important just to make things, but also to reflect about them.
After so many years, are you in control of the beach animals or are they really controlling you?
They have always controlled me. I obeyed their laws. Only recently they do what I want.

[People] want to help me, they want to go with me and join me in my dream. That stimulates me very much. I think that somehow the beach animals are really personal. Some people, who never saw them before, recognize me in the animals when they see them. It's strange but it also feels good. I mean, then I know that I am the inventor and that nobody else could have done it.
- Theo Jansen, in an interview with Sebastian Campion

And here is a video (click on image):

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are very beautiful pictures. They evoke a sublime sensation that is very pleasing to my soul.

bingo and betty said...

very cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails